If you haven’t given much thought to lead nurturing, now is the time to start thinking about what it means for your business.
This is one of the best ways to convert leads into paying customers.
So what is lead nurturing, exactly? Simply put, lead nurturing is the process of building relationships with prospective customers as they move through the sales funnel. Lead nurturing is important for many reasons:
- It allows you to convert potential customers and clients that aren’t ready to buy—which tends to be the majority of them (including those in the research phase of their buyer journey)
- On average, leads that have been nurtured tend to spend 20% more money per purchase
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% lower the costs
- Lead nurturing emails get a 4-10x higher response rate than standalone emails
There are several ways you can begin the process of lead nurturing. Here are a few tips for getting started:
- Pay attention to your website; use effective copywriting and thoughtfully placed CTAs
- Focus on building your email list and create an email marketing campaign. Be sure that your email marketing efforts are segmented and personalized
- Develop a content marketing strategy that includes consistent blogging and infuses value
- Build strategic social marketing across your social networks
- Don’t forget about retargeting—the process of attracting visitors that have left your website without taking action
As you can see, lead nurturing crucial for generating long-term sales. If you need help building out each part of the buyer journey—from attracting leads on the first homepage visit to building effective email campaigns—Square 1 can help.
Reach out if you have questions about lead generation!