The email list is coveted in the world of business, and this week, I wanted to take the time to talk about how you can build it. After all, email is one of the best ways to get in touch with your customers. Here are a few statistics that demonstrate this:
- On average, welcome emails have 320% more revenue attributed to them than standard promotional emails
- For every $1 spent in the United States on email marketing, there is a $44 return on investment
- The majority of consumers prefer their communication with businesses to come from email
With these statistics in mind, here are a few ways that you can build out your email list.
- Segment your current email list for better results. Segmented email campaigns have an open rate that is 14.32% higher than non-segmented campaigns. In one survey, marketers who segment their campaigns saw a 760% increase in revenue.
- Include social sharing buttons in your email.
- Create an engaging opt-in message on your website by offering free resources or discounted.
- Host an online contest where contact details are required for entry.
- Promote gated visual content on Pinterest.
- Work with social media influencers to help build brand awareness. Tools like BuzzSumo, Scalefluence, and Pitchbox are great for sourcing and working with potential influencers in your industry and/or niche.
- Split test lead capture forms and campaign copy to learn more about what’s performing best.
If you need help executing any of these email-building tactics, feel free to reach out. Our team of web designers and content marketers are happy to help you continue building out a great email list.