This week, I wanted to take some time to discuss the importance of copywriting. Believe it or not, copywriting plays a very important role in digital marketing, and has long-term implications on the health of your website.
Having a great design simply isn’t enough. Web design may attract visitors with first impressions, but copywriting keeps them there. Here are a few things strong copywriting can do for your business:
- Creates a stellar user experience and instills comfort
- Improves your SEO, thereby increasing visibility and brand reach
- Makes your brand more memorable
- Gives your brand a voice that differentiates you from other companies
- Helps you form relationship with visitors
- Nurtures visitors with useful and valuable information
- Encourages visitors to take action and leads them to convert
Good copywriting is compelling and persuasive. If you’re redesigning your website or starting a website from scratch, don’t leave content in the dust. As you navigate the language for your website, keep these copywriting tips in mind:
- Don’t be afraid to break the rules to communicate effectively and establish the tone for your brand voice
- Use paragraph breaks—digital content should be easily digestible and should embrace white space
- Refrain from referencing industry jargon that isn’t widely understood
- Consider the problem your company solves, and use emotion to instigate a solution
- Craft a story and create a reader journey
If you aren’t a solid copywriter, all hope isn’t lost. There are several avenues you can take. For starters, here at Square 1 Group, we have our own team of dedicated copywriters and designers to give you the full package. Otherwise, you can hire a freelancer of your own—but be sure they have experience in your industry.
Contact Square 1 Group if you need help with web design and/or copywriting.