Here are the main things to focus on when trying to advertise your open house on Facebook and get it sold:
- How do I advertise my house for sale on Facebook?
- Where is the best place to advertise an open house on Facebook?
- How do you let people know about an open house?
- Facebook Open House Advertising Guidelines
- Facebook Open House Advertising Ideas
- Can I use Facebook to advertise for rentals?
Have you tried advertising your open house on Facebook? If your answer is no then you’re definitely missing out! You see, Facebook can be an effective way for real estate agents to reach potential buyer leads.
Facebook is known to be the biggest social media platform to date. So if you’re a real estate agent, regardless of where you are and who your target audience is, you’ll most probably find them on Facebook.
However, most real estate agents these days get intimidated by all of the tools available on Facebook and just skip this platform altogether. In today’s blog post, we will be taking you through the different ways you can use Facebook to advertise your open house or rental listing.
How do I advertise my house for sale on Facebook?
To advertise your listing on Facebook, you will need to create a Facebook page for your real estate business. So if you don’t have one yet, start by creating one. You will use this page as your personal online platform where you can post updates and other valuable content for your audience.
To post on your page, select “Create Post” and then “Sell Something”. Then you will need to enter a title and include a description of the listing, be sure to include all relevant information that will entice your audience. At the same time, attach some photos or videos that you have of the property and make them as vibrant as possible so that your audience will notice your post.
At the same time, you can use Facebook’s Marketplace to list your property. This Facebook feature was specifically designed to buy and sell consumer goods and services which makes it an ideal place for you to promote your listings. Just go to “Marketplace” and select “Create Listing”.
Furthermore, you can also create your own target audience of potential home buyer leads. Facebook will allow you to create filters by selecting the demographics, interests, and locations of your audience. Just go to your Facebook Ads Manager and select “Create Ad”. From there, you can build your audience, set your budget, and design your ad.
All this is to say that there are multiple ways you can promote your listing and reach your audience on Facebook.
Where is the best place to advertise an open house on Facebook?
There are several ways for real estate agents, like you, to advertise your open house on Facebook.
Here are some of our recommendations for the best places to advertise your open house on Facebook.
Facebook ads are an amazing way to promote your open house to your target audience. Since Facebook allows you to run ads to your own audience, you can tailor this specifically to the people who are most likely to buy from you.
At the same time, we also encourage real estate agents to build their own custom audiences which are composed of the people who have interacted with either their business page or website.
In our humble opinion, Facebook Groups are highly effective but are usually underutilized by most real estate agents. Most would assume that building your own Facebook Group can be “too much work”. However, you don’t really need to create your own Facebook Group to take advantage of this platform. All you need to do is to look for local real estate groups that you think would be where your audience is.
Just remember to check the guidelines and rules of each group you join before posting. Some groups may have strict rules against advertising or promoting one’s listings.
Facebook’s Marketplace is another popular online platform where people can either buy or sell goods and services. This is why it’s important as well that you list your open house there in order to reach more buyer leads in your local area.
Facebook Business Page
You can use your Facebook Business page to promote your open house to your followers. Just create an event for it and share it on your page. At the same time, you can help keep this event relevant by consistently posting updates, photos, and videos about it.
Your Personal Facebook Profile
Finally, don’t neglect your personal Facebook account. By default, everyone in your sphere is most likely a potential future client. Sharing your open house on your personal account and asking your friends to share it can increase the visibility of this event.
Just be modest when it comes to posting on your personal account. The last thing you would want to happen is to spam your friends with too many posts about your business.
Using these tools can help you effectively promote your open house on Facebook, reach a larger audience, and increase the chances of finding your next client.
How do you let people know about an open house?
Once you’ve created your open house on Facebook, the next thing that you need to do is to ensure that potential home buyers know about it. An effective way to do this is to utilize Facebook Messenger and Instagram DM to engage with your leads.
If an interested lead has questions about the property, you can use these two features to answer their questions. At the same time, in case some leads stop responding, you can use this to follow up with them as well to see if they’re going to attend the open house or if they are interested in making an offer.
As for Instagram DM, you can showcase your listings on your Instagram business account including your open house so that more people can see it. Focus on your followers, likers, or commenters and send them messages about the post that they engaged with. If they have any questions, answer them. Use this as a way to build stronger relationships and rapport with your audience.
Both these tools are great avenues that help real estate agents like you build stronger relationships with your prospects. Remember that speed is key when it comes to these things and that you have to strike while the iron is hot. So always keep an eye on your messages to respond to these queries as fast as you can.
As for Facebook Ads, you can also choose to do Instagram Reels as well. Instagram Reels is a feature that allows users to create short-form videos with audio and effects. By advertising your open house on Instagram Reels, you can reach a younger, more social media-savvy audience.
In conclusion, using Facebook Messenger and Instagram DM to engage with potential buyers is a great way to let people know about your open house. Creating targeted Facebook Ads and advertising on Instagram Reels are also effective ways to reach a wider audience. By using these tools, you can ensure that your open house gets the attention it deserves and attract potential buyers to your property.
Facebook Open House Advertising Guidelines
When it comes to advertising an open house on Facebook, it’s important to follow the platform’s guidelines to ensure your ad is approved and reaches your target audience. Here are some key Facebook open-house advertising guidelines to keep in mind:
- Ad content: Facebook is strict when it comes to misleading ads. This is why your ad content must be relevant and accurate. Facebook can also flag your ad if it notices that you are using overly promotional language so avoid doing that too.
- Images and videos: Don’t use low-quality images and flat images. The higher the contrast and quality of your images are, the better. Your images and videos should not contain any misleading or exaggerated elements, and they should comply with Facebook’s advertising policies.
- Audience targeting: You need to ensure that you are targeting the right audience. Facebook has a number of tools designed to help you build and customize your own audience so take advantage of that.
- Landing page: Again, Facebook is strict when it comes to misleading ads. Be sure that your ad is being redirected to a relevant page that provides clear and accurate information about your open house. Your landing page should also comply with Facebook’s advertising policies.
- Compliance with laws: Facebook implements fair housing laws for all of its housing ads. Be sure that you declare your ad as a housing ad when setting it up or else it will get flagged.
By understanding these simple Facebook open house advertising guidelines, you can have a better experience with Facebook ads and launch your ads a lot faster.
Facebook Open House Advertising Ideas
Now that you are aware of the different advertising guidelines on Facebook, it’s time to ideate some ad strategies.
- Create a Facebook Event: A Facebook Event is an effective way to create some noise for your open house. You can include all information on the event and even provide updates throughout the event.
- Go on Facebook Live: Although a lot of agents are hesitant to go on live, it is actually an extremely effective way to market your open house. All you need to do is provide your online viewers with a real-time house tour and answer any questions from the viewers if they have any.
- Run Facebook Ads: As mentioned above, Facebook Ads will help you promote your open house in a more targeted way and reach a bigger audience. As long as you’re able to track your numbers, you’ll be able to optimize your ads to ensure ROI.
- Promote Your Open House on Facebook Groups: By posting on selected groups, you will be able to reach a wider audience who are potential buyers in your local area. Just be sure to familiarize yourself with the group’s rules when it comes to posting or promoting goods and services.
- Utilize Facebook Messenger and Instagram DMs: We are a firm believer that when it comes to leads, speed is key. Pay attention to any questions or interests being shown to your posts, ads, or events, and reach out to these potential leads through Facebook Messenger or Instagram DMs.
Can I use Facebook to advertise for rentals?
Yes, you can definitely use Facebook to advertise rental properties. In fact, most agents aren’t aware that the process is extremely similar to advertising a listing.
If you want your rental property to be shown in front of as many people as possible, you can take advantage of Facebook Ads’ targeting tool and promote your rental to a specific audience of potential leads. You can select your target audience’s demographics, interests, and geographic location to get better results from your ads.
On the other hand, if you think that you’re currently not that confident in investing in Facebook Ads yet, you can do this organically by joining local real estate groups for home buyers or renters. This allows you to promote to a wider audience of already pre-selected members. There are also groups for landlords and property managers so you might want to join those groups as well.
Whichever way you choose to advertise and market your rental property, it is always important to remember and play by the rules and guidelines set by Facebook. The last thing you would want to happen is to be banned from a group or by Facebook altogether. Some key things to remember are to avoid posting with any discriminatory language or images as well as to not post anything that could be misleading.
In addition, always pay attention to your Facebook or Instagram notifications as you could be getting questions from interested individuals. Being able to respond to these queries as fast as possible could make or break a deal for you. By being responsive, friendly, and polite in these conversations, you’re able to build rapport with potential buyers. And even if they might not close on this specific deal, the next time you have another rental property, they would have an existing relationship with you already.
All in all, Facebook is an extremely powerful advertising tool for rental properties. Real estate agents are provided with multiple ways that allow them to advertise to a bigger and yet more targeted audience at the same time. As long as you are able to follow Facebook’s guidelines and rules, you should be able to effectively market your rental property online.